Area Sales Manager Ruminant
Founded and grown as an Austrian family business, Delacon has been the pioneer and global leader in phytogenic feed additives for about 30 years. We coined the term 'phytogenic feed additives' and are researching, developing and manufacturing feed additives composed of herbs, spices, other plants and their extracts such as essential oils – for poultry, swine, ruminants and aquaculture.
From our newly built hub in Engerwitzdorf, Austria and our standardized and modern production facility nearby we export our products to more than 80 countries worldwide. Delacon’s global team of more than 140 people in 23 countries share the commitment to phytogenic feed additives to further investigate their role in animal nutrition, and to showcase the customer that they are a great opportunity for future challenges in livestock production.
Poland is one of the two most important markets with Russia of Delacon Eastern Europe region. In order to support its growth as well as developing its ruminant businesses, we are looking for a new:
Sales Manager Ruminant – Poland
The purpose of the position is:
to follow and develop the sales of Delacon products with the already existing customers in Poland`s ruminant segment and to create and develop new business relationships. Reporting to the Country Manager of Delacon Poland, the new colleague performs and coordinates necessary field sales activities and manages his/her sales territory, including feed producers and ruminant farms, in order to achieve maximum sales and profit performance of feed additives in relation to the yearly budget established for his/her market segment.
Your detailed tasks and responsibilities are:
• achieve maximum sales and profit performance of feed additives in relation with the yearly budget plan established for his market segment
• creating new business relationships with major ruminant accounts, genuinely presenting the technical and applied benefits of Delacon`s products
• developing and maintaining marketing and technical competencies in the company`s product line and the products of our current and emerging competitors
• ensuring the timely processing of sales orders
• developing, modifying or adding products for new or existing customers, closely cooperating with research, tech support and marketing teams
• performing field sales activities, managing the territory assigned
• evaluating and determining the product mix to fulfill the customers` needs, developing sales strategies
• gathering and communicating information on competitors` products internally
• participating in marketing projects together with the colleagues in Poland and Eastern Europe
• developing and managing the internal sales pipeline
Your expected qualifications and professional background:
• BSc or MSc in animal science, animal nutrition or veterinary medicine
• 7-10 years of relevant sales experience (ideally feed additives), mainly gained in the ruminant sector
• sound knowledge in animal nutrition and health
• Good level of English (written and spoken)
Regarding your skills and personality, we need:
• outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, both written and spoken
• good presentational skills
• strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• ability to handle and manage multiple tasks simultaneously, in a resultoriented commercial environment
• ability to cope with objectives & deadlines.
What you need to know yet:
• the employment contract of the new colleague will be concluded with Delacon Poland
• the position is home office-based in Poland, you shall have the capability to work independently, setting priorities and effectively organizing your working days
• even though you shall communicate in Polish with your customers, the internal communication language with your direct line manager and colleagues outside Delacon Poland is English
• you will spend ca 60% of your work time travelling (mostly in Poland), an active B-category driving license is needed (company car provided).
Please submit your application documents to:
Delacon Biotechnik GmbH, Weissenwolffstraße 14, A-4221 Steyregg, Austria
Krisztina Farkas, international recriutment and staff development, firstname.lastname@example.org, +43 723 522 990 227